If you're here on our blog, you probably have an idea of what OrgOrg is all about (if not, click here). But what you may not know yet is that OrgOrg is run by volunteers. By day, we organize organizations - managing offices, human resources, events, and more for startups and small businesses. By night (or by whatever free time is available), a select group works to make this community stronger. There’s a reason OrgOrg’ers are sometimes referred to as superheroes :)
I'd like to introduce to you the fine folks behind the scenes - click here to see their faces and learn about the wonderful human beings they are!
We simply would not be here without the commitment and dedication of these community leaders who've chosen to step up and help us keep things moving. OrgOrg Volunteers are divided into five teams: Membership, Events, Resources, Website, and Sponsorships.
- Membership is responsible for reviewing new member applications (we get 25/week!), as well as updating email addresses and maintaining our member database. Eventually, they'll be focusing on growing our membership and identifying demographics (for example, so we know how many members are in different cities and can provide better support there).
- Events is responsible for organizing meetups and learning & development events. They're building a 2015 Events calendar and working with different sponsors right now to bring you the most useful, fun, awesome events. Currently, most events are in SF, but we hope to scale out to other cities by the end of the year (see above) :)
- Resources is responsible for building a treasure trove of documents, blog posts and other useful items for the community. They're searching the archive for frequently-discussed topics, building glossaries and Q&As, and curating content from other sources as well to help you be your best self at work.
- Website is responsible for our crazy new project - migrating OrgOrg from a Google Group to something better-suited to our growing community. What are we migrating to? We're not sure yet. But the plan is to figure it out and have something to show you in the first half of the year.
- Sponsorships is responsible for finding us some funds - typically from vendors or other corporate partners that we trust and love, who want to give back to their beloved OrgOrg clients. Simply put, we need a base level of funds to cover operating costs (web hosting, events, hiring freelancers for projects, etc), and rather than asking volunteers to chip in their own money, we're able to selectively raise funds from sponsors to support our operations.
Want to join the ranks? Did something up there inspire you? There’s always work to be done, so if you’re interested in volunteering, whether for a one-time project, or on a more ongoing basis, check out our volunteer teams page to reach out to the team you’re interested in and we’ll see how we can get you involved!